Wednesday, March 13, 2013

And then he was 6

I finally have a birthday party under my belt. This year was the first we've attempted a 'friend' birthday party for one of the kids. Mitchell wanted a Mario birthday party. I think it went pretty well, due almost entirely to Pinterest. Luckily I have some talented relatives who were kind enough to create a birthday poster, 'Pin the mustache on Mario', and a bad guy the kids could throw fireballs at. Thanks Ben and LaRee! My attempts at art would have been pathetic. We played some games, had some cake, opened some presents. The kids had fun despite the fact that my homemade pinata took a severe beating from every child there and still refused to open. I finally just had to rip it open myself. The kids didn't care, there was candy involved. Mitchell had a great time and was happy his friends were able to party with him.

1 comments:

Bethany said...

Ah, I feel like I've been in on the planning of this party (through Pinterest) and it's nice to see it all come to fruition. :) Happy Birthday!