The Pooley Tribe is on the move! For a bit anyway. We recently found out that Lee has been chosen for an assignment in Washington DC. So next month we'll be packing our little suitcases and kissing this little town goodbye for 3 to 6 months. We're very excited! I've never been to the East Coast and I'm excited to live in a new place and live a little history. However, I'm not a big city girl, so I'm also excited that this is not a forever thing. Big cities scare me! Right now I'm a little overwhelmed with all the things I have to do before we leave. I have to find somewhere decent to live in a place I've never seen.
This whole moving to the other side of the country thing is further complicated by the fact that I have two siblings getting married in the very near future. So the way it's going to happen is something like this: Towards the end of next month, Lee will leave for DC and Mitchell and I will leave for Salt Lake for Jeff's wedding. From Salt Lake, I will drive to Boise with my parents and stay there until Allyson's wedding, which is 3 weeks later. (Jayna, I expect to be entertained, as does Mitchell, pregnancy/baby excuses will not be accepted). Lee should hopefully be able to fly back for Allyson's wedding, and then we will all fly back to DC together to begin our grand adventure. Mostly I'm just excited that Mitchell gets to see green grass and real trees. And don't be concerned about DC's high murder rate, I'll be bringing my stun gun.

5 comments:
wow, that's great! yeah, just make sure you get a place in the good part of dc and you'll be fine. i love it there. all of my field trips for school when i was living in virginia were to washington d.c. i wish i could drive up and see you. depending on how long you are there i might do that (if you'll have me). it's about a 8-9 hour drive i think.
That is CRAZY and so exciting! You never hinted at anything this much fun you sly girl. You're a very timid girl...Knightley and I agree. Well, I have absolutely no idea how to go about finding a place to live in a place you've never been. I'd call a bishop in a ward there and see if there are some sweet LDS hook ups. That's what we did when moving to Aliso Viejo. You guys lead such glamorous lives...jetting across the country for your East coast summer home...I'm glad that you'll be here long enough for me to remind you that you're still Kelsey from the block and I know what you did all the past summers of your life...
Plus with a new baby, my house is really going to need some cleaning...that should keep you and Mitchell entertained! Tyler will be sure to pay you in broad daylight in front of our neighbors.
Yay for D.C.!! You're going to love it out here. And if you need help finding a place to live, let me know... we went through that same predicament when we moved out here! We can keep our eyes open for some good spots for you. Good luck with all the craziness of weddings and moving and let us know when you get here - we can play and we'll show ya around... (since we're such pros now!! HA.)
Hey - I'm excited that you're having an "adeventure" - as if living in Quartzsite wasn't enough of an adventure! I am also excited that you and Mitchell will be here for 3 whole weeks! I am planning to pay you guys and Jeff and Courtney a visit in the early fall! It's great that Carrie and Kenny are there - what fun!
Um, hello? Did you fall of the face of the earth?! Or are you just busy packing, etc...or are you giving me the silent treatment because you HATE your background?
Post a Comment