Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Big Day!


We had Mitchell's birthday party on Sunday. My mom was able to come down to visit, and Lee's family drove over from Phoenix, so there was no shortage of people who think Mitchell is wonderful. We didn't do anything too fancy, just food and presents, and cake. I'd say he did pretty well in the present department. Lots of fun new toys, a cool Hawaiian shirt and drum, a slide, and some clothes. His favorite present came from Uncle Kevin, his very own drumsticks. That boy is a drumming fool. He would sit and drum all day if we would let him. He's pretty good too. The cake was okay. I made a silly mistake and made carrot cake, which is too dense to be very messy. So we didn't get any good messy cake pictures. Oops. Maybe next year. It was great to have family around and wonderful to celebrate a fun year!

5 comments:

jayna said...

Very cute- he looks so old now! Like he'll put on that hawaii shirt and ask for the car keys! Way to go on having a party- glad you had so many people to fawn over him. Is this background better?

Diana & CJ said...

Fun first birthday. I didn't see any of him eating his forst birthday cake. Those are always the fun messy photos.

becca said...

you definitely have to go for the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting- of course then your child has to go through detox, but the pictures are great.

Sherry said...

Wow. I can't believe Mitchell is one already! He is so cute! It seems like just yesterday that he was born. How time flies. I'm glad you had lots of family there to help celebrate. Looks like fun times :)

Sherry said...

What - I'm so jealous! I just saw that you have a stun gun! What a good husband! I didn't see where to comment on that blog so I have to leave it on Micthell's Birthday blog. Seriously, I have wanted one for years but Dan says the intruder would turn around & use it on me so I can't have one :(