Both my sister and my sister in law Courtney recently had babies. I was able to take a little break from being the mommy around here and go visit them. I flew up to Utah and saw Jeff, Courtney, and little Brock. Then I flew with Allyson and her baby Harper out to St. Louis where they'll be living while Blake goes to dental school. We did some touring. We visited Carthage and Nauvoo, which were awesome. We also visited the St. Louis arch, which was, well, a big arch. If you haven't seen it, don't feel too bad, you can see all you need to see in a picture. We also spent a lot of time eating Oreos and watching 'America's Next Top Model'. I hadn't seen it before, turns out it's a little addicting. I like Missouri, it's a nice place, very green, which is so nice to see. And I'm kind of in love with the Missisippi River, it's pretty darn muddy, but all that water in one place is awesome. Especially since every river I see around here is all dried up. It was nice to get away for a while, see my family, and visit some new places. Thanks Nana, Grandpa, Rachel, and Lee for wrangling the kids so I could go!
Monday, September 13, 2010
My little vacation
Posted by
The Pooley Tribe
at
10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How did we totally skip over this when you came over? You went without kids? I'm shocked and proud! Looks like a great trip. :)
I'm stunned at both your ability to blog AND your dark hair/bangs combo! Kudos to you for both acts!
p.s. I await your condescension. (we've been watching alot of Colin Firth and Lady Katherine de Berg lately...)
p.p.s. Is that your aura I see swirling through the Big Muddy in your "Just around the river bend" picture?
Yes Jayna, I was channeling my inner Pocohontas.
How fun!! I bet it was nice to take a break from being Mommy and go be Auntie for a little while. And by the way, your hair is super cute dark with bangs - is that new?? I love it!
I had so much fun with you!!! and am still watching Americas Next Top Model... Love it!
Did you guys wear those matching pink shirts in an attempt to be the next Top Models? I thought so. I am glad that you could come up and give some of your sage, on the frontlines advise to the new moms. Glad you got to go to Carthage and Nauvoo -next time make sure you have a map!
Post a Comment