Mitchell has had this little glow worm since he was a pretty tiny guy. He's kind of his little buddy, he sleeps in Mitchell's crib, Mitchell calls him his baby, and Mitchell's first little dance was to the glow worm's music. Today the little buddy was in need of new batteries, so Lee took it upon himself to replace them. As Mitchell watched him take out the inside of his baby and open it with a screwdriver his expression progressed from puzzled to horrified. Lee got the batteries replaced quickly and stuffed the insides back into the baby and handed it to Mitchell. Mitchell's little face crumpled into that horrible, sad, 'I'm going to cry face' and he gave this long, drawn out, "Uhhhh Ohhhh". And then he burst into tears. I don't think I've ever seen him get that upset about something. We tried to show him that his baby was okay, but he would not be consoled. I eventually distracted him with a cookie, but he still wandered around for a bit saying "Uh Oh" in a teary little voice. It was traumatic for the whole family. The baby is currently in hiding, and we're not sure if he'll ever be able to come out again.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Disembowled baby disaster
Posted by
The Pooley Tribe
at
6:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
What a sad day for the little guy. You know I was thiinking about getting one of those too.
That is one sad, hilarious story! I love it that a disemboweled glow worm is what moves Lil Mitch to tears! Under all of those looks and eyebrow moves, he's a tender hearted little man!
You guys killed his glow worm! That is all I can imagine he must be thinking. You did some strange surgery and his poor little glow buddy is dead. I swear that child is brillant. He is putting together ideas in his head way beyond his years. :)
That is too funny. It must be hard being a kid. :(
haha that is so funny! i cant wait to see him in a couple weeks!
Hey umm htis is going to be wierd but i ave to write a blog for class.... and so im writing it here..... it really is sad about the death of mitchells baby. but it reminda me of all the deaths of children areound the world. It is so sad how children and infants in other countries are not given the same opportunities as we are in this country and things really need to be done. the work the church has done has really been wonderful and such a great success.
contd.....
It was really sad to read about the horrible conditions other children are in. The most important thing i think we can do as everyday people is to donate money to the church humanitarian services. it was hard to learn about the reality of other childrens lives and not want to make a difference for the better in thir lives.
Well,it was me who thought Mitchell needed a baby, and Lee would not put up with him having a human-baby doll, I had to get him a worm-baby doll, (which doesn't make sense, but there you are). I am very sad to hear that he was so upset about his Gloworm's surgery, but I guess I was right - Mitchell did need something to love and care for! Can he have a human-baby doll now - (or better yet a human baby brother?)
In case you were wondering, allyson imam is my sister, and no, she is neither crazy nor on drugs. That crazy comment was supposedly for a class. Does that mean my blog is being graded?
Well if it is, you're going to get points taken off for worm abuse and traumatizing your child by having him watch open-back worm surgery!
that is so sad!!! but what a cute and funny story =)
Post a Comment