Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving in St. George


This year for Thanksgiving my parents rented a condo in St. George. I think they figured it was kind of a half-way point we could all meet at. It was nice. I haven't spent a Thanksgiving with them since I left for Yuma. St. George was lovely. It was so nice to be able to see fall. I was freezing pretty much the whole time, but that was nice too. It was honestly strange to be in a place with trees. I spent most of my growing-up years surrounded by trees, and now they're an oddity to me. We got there on Wednesday and hung out together. Then on Thursday we went paintballing. I have never in my life been paintballing, and I have to say I was a little apprehensive. I'm not a rough and tumble kind of girl. I actually had fun. It didn't hurt a bit. That could of course be because I was wearing many layers and I stayed a good distance from the intense action. The boys ended up with welts and bloody wounds. Too bad for them! When we got back we did the Thanksgiving thing. Good food, especially the apple pie. That evening Mitchell had an early Christmas so the grandparents could see him open his presents. Needless to say he didn't really get the whole opening presents thing. But he did enjoy his presents once he got to them. Friday we did a little shopping. Saturday we went ATV-ing, which was also fun. And then on Sunday we went to church. Now how many wards would you guess there are in Utah? Countless. And where did we randomly end up that Sunday. A seniors branch. Like we couldn't avoid it. All in all we had fun, it was so good to be with family.

2 comments:

jayna said...

Your hair is so dark- I know it has been for a few years, but it still shocks me from time to time. My favorite picture is the one with Lee- there is something so cute about those two together. Where the heck did Mitchell get his hair? It's not darkie hair! Good family-damily times with the Poole-ys. Mitchell is SO grown up! His little teeth kill me.

Ruth said...

Cute pics. I guess you are just naturally draw to the older-folk wards. Don't worry, you'll just be extra prepared for old age. :)